Welcome To The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts  
home. signup. forum. archives. search. google. articles. downloads. faq. members. weblogs. file info. rss.
 From: Ryss Unger
  Where is Ryss Unger?
 Cape Town
 South Africa
 Ryss Unger
 To: Vladimir Zhuravlev
  Where is Vladimir Zhuravlev?
 Moscow
 Russia
 Vladimir Zhuravlev
 Tags
Subject: RE: Showing few lines in editbox inside grid
Thread ID: 241 Message ID: 244 # Views: 5 # Ratings: 0
Version: Unknown Category: General VFP Topics
Date: Sunday, May 20, 2001 6:59:32 AM         
   


>
> Looking good friends
> Is it possible to show long text in editbox placed in grid column
> I put this, used very big rowheight, big enough to show few lines of text ( 5 times more than text font),
> changed integralheight to true and faulse but not able to see long text text
> Sparce was faulse, So I saw editbox in each cell
> Thanks in advance? Vladimir

Straight From FAQ ...... which we are editing at present

Too Much data for a grid

You could try and use an edit box in the grid with vertical scroll bars, instead of the text box, but the following would be a better method.

I would recommend that only the data, which makes up the index, is presented in the grid and that the grid takes up less than 30% of width of the parent form.Add a container or pageframes (1 or more pages) in the remaining 70% on the right and present the data for the record vertically therein.

Or place the grid on page 1 of a pageframe and the balance of the data grouped logically on other pages.


A2: I like the above suggestion. If there is a lot of information it can be grouped together on sepetrate pageframes as does not need to be seen all the time, and allow the user to select what is required.

One can use a treelist instead of a grid with several containers and pageframes.
In the few screens that I have a grid, I place the grid at the top or bottom of the screen depending on what the information that it displays is like anbd the pageframes above or below.


Regards
Ryss

ENTIRE THREAD

Showing few lines in editbox inside grid Posted by Vladimir Zhuravlev @ 5/19/2001 12:10:19 PM
RE: Showing few lines in editbox inside grid Posted by Ryss Unger @ 5/20/2001 6:59:32 AM